Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blogging in general


When I started Ed. psych, blogging was completely new to me. I had friends you blog and really enjoyed doing so. So I was excited at the opportunity to start my own blog where I put share my thoughts about educational issues. At the beginning, I liked blogging, it was too difficult. However, as the semester wore on, blogging became a tedious task for me to accomplish. I began falling behind on blogging, simply because I didn't enjoy doing it.
Because of this disatisfaction with blogging, I don't feel that I will use blogging in my classroom. As a future elementary teacher, my students will not have much of a use for blogging. Although, in a high school setting I can see how they could be used as a method for students to respond to questions posted by the teacher. I also don't think that blogging would be a good method to use in communicating with parents. I feel that as a parent, I would not want to have to go and read a blog to find out what is happening in my child's classroom. Personally, I think sending home peek-at-the-weeks are much more efficient and less time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment